New Page 1
Four Patches, basic units that seem so simple to make. Just stitch 4 squares together, either individually or with strip piecing and you're good to go. But anyone who has attempted these units knows that they are notoriously difficult to make perfectly. Either the unit size isn't quite right, the edges just don't quite line up, or they're just not quite square. Ugh. Even experienced stitchers encounter these problems.
The Four Patch Square Up© Tool is the solution. Like all the Studio 180 Design rulers and processes, this tool and technique will have you build your units slightly oversized and then quickly trim them to perfect shapes. The Four Patch Square Up© Tool is designed to work with units that finish to whole or half inch increments, from ½” finished up to 6” finished unit sizes. The tool's perfectly engineered lines are designed to quickly locate and align with the unit center and the sewn seams, allowing for easy trimming on all four sides. The accuracy is amazing!
- Ruler Size: approx. 7" x 13"
- Twelve size options from ½" to 6" finished units in ½" increments
- Step by step illustrated instructions, available to download
- Instructions for left hand cutting and trimming
- Fine lines for higher accuracy
- Free online video for unit construction and tool trim down (coming soon!)